Designing for usability – 2 day seminar to for software developers, managers and designers
User Experience Design -SF (1/13/15 – 1/13/15)
Transform design theory into practical usage during this 2 day interactive seminar where you will learn how to define user goals and business needs and then apply proven design techniques to ensure highly usable and successful applications. These are the same techniques being used successfully on real projects for many of our Global 2000 clients and large government organizations. Implementing a successful design process can mean the difference between success and failure in the coming years. Learn from the experts who have been delivering success in this field for over a decade!
We will show you how to apply a proven process for identifying true user requirements, developing and validating conceptual models, and creating designs that are highly usable. We back up our design recommendations with solid research performed in our digital usability lab and will provide you actual video of users in action to bring home to your design teams to further reinforce the seminar material. We will show you how to adopt a user-centric perspective and learn how customer-centered design can transform your organization.
What You will Learn
This class for developers, end-users, interaction designers, and managers explains how to apply the concepts of human centered design to the paradigm of web development.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Develop a detailed understanding of your users through task analysis, mental models, and user profiles
- Determine the best information architecture for your users
- Proper layout and design techniques
- Learn new design modeling techniques
- Create and implement in-house web standards
- Plan and conduct and effective usability test
- Implement net-database and e-commerce designs
- Design more successful applications
- Validate and defend important design decisions
- Increase end user productivity by developing usable web applications.
- Increase developer efficiency by using agile development techniques.
- Increase revenue by using a proven seven-step process for modeling complex web applications.
- Reduce training and support costs.
- Project managers who are responsible for establishing or managing a web application project.
- Project leaders who need to know proven steps for web-enabling existing client/server applications.
- GUI designers who need to know how and when to use web controls when creating user interfaces.
- Webmasters who are responsible for managing and implementing web technology.
- Analysts and programmers who need to know the critical aspects and limitations of web design.
- End users who need to understand the principles of good web design techniques.